Orange essential oil commits to dozens of health benefits. With its antiseptic to anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and sedative ingredients it has a wide variety of medicinal, industrial and domestic use.
Uses of Orange Essential oil: Orange essential oil is used to add flavor to desserts, beverages, and sweetmeats. Orange essential oil industrially is used in body lotions, soaps, anti-aging creams and room refreshers. It is also used in vitamin and dietary supplements.
According to research, the benefits of orange oil include:
- Fighting cancerous tumors
- Increasing circulation
- Killing bacteria and pathogens
- Decreasing wrinkles
- Improving complexion
- Easing anxiety
- Decreasing hypertension
Extraction and composition of orange essential oil: Essential oil is extracted from the orange peels. It is obtained through the cold compression technique. Also known as Citrus Sinensis, the extract of orange peels is available in the form of packets, soft drink, and oil. The basic components of the essential oil are Citronellal, Alpha-Pinene, Sabinene, Limonene, Neral, Linalool, and Geranial.
Benefits of Orange Essential oil:
Orange essential oil is rich in benefits. Here are the 13 outstanding benefits of this oil:
- Antispasmodic Spasms are an indication of irritants and other problems in the body, including diarrhea, coughing, convulsions and muscle cramps. To prevent such diseases, orange essential oil treats spasms. It relaxes the nervous system and muscles.
- Sedative If you want to relax and cool down- consume orange essential oil as a sedative. It has a better effect on your body than artificial drugs and sedatives available in the market. The tranquilizers we consume contain narcotics that damage our immune system in the longer run. A natural option of relaxing your body and putting yourself into a deep sleep is by consuming orange essential oil. It reduces depression, anxiety, and anger.
- Aphrodisiac The Orange essential oil contains aphrodisiac properties. Regular and systematic use of essential oil can cure ailments like erectile problems, frigidity, loss of sexual instinct, and decreased libido.
- Anti-inflammatory Orange essential oil gives effective and quick relief from external and internal inflammation. Inflammation can be caused by intake of fever, spices, and side effects of medicines, infections, ingestion of substances that are toxic or narcotics. Orange essential oil can reduce inflammation and irritation.
- Cholagogue Orange essential oil promotes the secretion from endocrine and exocrine glands. Orange essential oil is used to aid lactation, menstruation, bile, hormones, digestive juices and enzymes.
- Antiseptic Wounds, abrasion, and small cuts are a normal part of life. A wound can always be infected with bacteria. Wounds caused by iron objects infect the body with tetanus germs. Orange essential oil with its antiseptic properties can help you avoid fungal, septic and tetanus infections. It can be consumed or directly applied to the wounded area.
- Antidepressant Did you know that the aroma of orange essential oil has the ability to take you towards pleasant thoughts and happy moments? Orange essential oil is used in aromatherapy to create feelings of relaxation and happiness. Research provides that essential oil maintains the pulse rate and reduces salivary cortisol which is released due to stress and anxiety.
- Diuretic Orange oil has the ability to release excess gas from the body. Once it releases the gas, it rids the body of the toxins accumulated inside. Its diuretic properties flush the toxins from the body. These toxins are released through urination. It eliminates excess salts, excess water, uric acid and bile from the body. It also helps the body in losing fat and improving heart rate.
- Tonic It is significant for the body. Just as a vehicle needs the tonic to work effectively, our body requires tonic for the effective functioning of the metabolic system, strengthening the immune system and building a proper shape of the body.
- Carminative Being a carminative, orange essential oil aids in the removal of toxic gasses from the intestines. Gasses that accumulate in the intestines moves upwards and can cause difficulty breathing and sleeping, and also prevents healthy digestion.The intestinal gasses cause the blood pressure to rise, effects the heart rate, and aids in stomach aches. Essential oil helps in relaxing the muscles of the stomach. It helps the body is releasing the abdominal gases.
- Alzheimer’s disease A recent is a rapidly growing disease. Orange essential oil aids in enhancing the cognitive function, particularly for patients who are suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Insecticide If you have been bitten by pupae or larvae of houseflies, application of orange essential oil eliminates the infection and pain associated with it. Moreover, pouring essential oil in drains and on the entrance of house can prevent houseflies from attacking your house.
- Other benefits Orange essential oil boosts immunity serves as a detoxifier and is able to treat dyspepsia, constipation and skin ailments. It also maintains a healthy skin externally and internally by preventing dermatitis and acne.
Bring orange essential oil to your home and reap its multiple benefits for a better health and lifestyle.